Thursday, December 22, 2011

[Backlog] Macau & HK March 2011 p.1

Although this post is long overdue, I would still like to share the land of Macau and Hong kong last March 2011. During this trip, Macau's a first, and HK's a second. The last time I visited HK was way back 2005, during the year opening of HK Disneyland. 

We took the last night flight, and arrived in Macau early morning.


I tell you, if you arrive in Macau at nighttime, when the lights and all the thingamagigs going on, you'll be like riding a roller coaster ride. The roads are designed to be interlocking each other to maximize the space since Macau is a small country. I couldn't take off my eyes at the colorful lights displayed by every building that seemed like a part of the said roller coaster, not to mention the cab we were in was driving too fast, but probably too "normal" for them.

Immediately after arriving, mom sought for a money changer. We then took a cab to our hotel.

Actually, this trip was close to cancellation because it interfered with my battery exam as well as my mom's 
proctor exam last March. But anyway, the trip was rearranged and even though some days were deducted from the original itinerary, it was still worth it :)


The next day, we went to the ferry to get a transfer from Macau to Hong Kong.








After going through HK's immigration, we took the train to Disneyland.


Cute mickey mouse handrails 


It was the same old Disneyland I saw 6 years ago.

Obligatory heart pose :))
The folks wanted to get to Tomorrowland first :P




Zurg with his light beams
Is it me, or did the carousel grew smaller?

The Lion King






I love their snacks! especially this cute mini mouse-shaped ice cream.

The afternoon parade is always present. Kids and adults of all ages line up to see the incoming Disney characters.


Add caption

 If you've been following my photoblog Littlemissemina, you would notice that some of the photos posted here were also posted there individually.




It was nice reminiscing our old memories way back 2005, when I first stepped into the first disneyland that I entered. I remember myself being too excited to try out every ride. I also remembered the goosebummps made by ones in Anaheim and Disney world. But now the excitement died down and the place seems so familiar that I'd want to sit in on one side and just look at the surroundings. Maybe that's just how one grows up. The things in the past may not be as exciting anymore, but will still be there, buried somewhere in your memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment